Saturday, June 17, 2017

Visiting the Cemetery

There is a beautiful cemetery in Fort Payne where my grandparents are buried along with some other of my relatives.
 This is where my grandparents are buried, my daddy's mother and daddy. My granddaddy and all of his children were tall but my grandmother was short. They say I 'take after" her because I'm not even 5 feet tall.
My uncle Herbert's grave, the one who let me ride the lift in the box factory.
My daddy's sister, Lala and her husband.
These are my two aunts, both were widowed and had no children. I loved them both dearly.
 We left the cemetery and headed to have breakfast with my mother's two sisters.
 Mother was one of eight children. They've all gone on to heaven now except these two. Can you believe my aunt on the  right in glasses is 78 years old? She is! I sure wish I had some of that!
Well, thank you for visiting my family with me.

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm really happy that you were able to visit your Aunties! They look real sweet:). Visiting your passed family members is a way of saying hi and with a few tears too.
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.