Saturday, June 17, 2017

Tennesee

We got up early, had a bowl of cereal and off we went driving through the state of Tennessee.
I kept singing that old song "Davy Crockett"! You know...born on a mountaintop in Tennessee... :)
 This snap does not really show you how huge this cross was! It was beautiful!
 Farms and fields.
And mountains majesty!
 We arrived at our campground for the night in Sevierville, Tennessee in the Great Smokey Mountains.
 This was quite the camp ground, as you can see and very near all of the attractions of the area. Nice swimming pool, very nice and clean bath houses, playgrounds, golfing areas, laundry and even a dog washing place! :) The sites were nice, level and there was plenty of room between the sites.
 Lovely office and store. It costs $35 a night to stay here and it was a Good Sam's campground. We have membership cards for Good Sam's and KOA RV campgrounds which gives you a little discount on your nights stay. The farther south we got, the cheaper the prices were in the parks.
 There goes George bringing me back a bag of ice. You know I love lots of ice in my Diet Dr. Peppers!
 I nice covered area to have a picnic or a nice gathering place for a large group!
 There were plenty of little cabins you could rent too. We've never rented a cabin. I'm sure you have to bring all of your sheets and towels. Might just be too much trouble!
You can see there were plenty of trees but it just so happened we didn't get a site with a one and it was hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! We only stayed one night here. We got dressed up nice because we wanted to attend church as this was Sunday morning. We had seen a large church on a hill when we drove in called New Hope. We're Baptists and the denomination of this church was Church of God. We loved it and had a wonderful time of worship here and the folks were all so nice. That's the way it's supposed to be, isn't it?
 But before we went to church we had to have some nourishment and we were craving pancakes! Don't have to ask me twice! These two snaps were taken with my phone so they are a little blurry! I think I was hungry and we shaking!
The pancakes were yummy and of course if you're in the south you must have some good ole floatin' in buttah grits! Hear my southern accent coming back?

Okie dokie...onward bound.

Happy trails,
Shelia :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you were able to worship and have your pancakes too:).
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.