Saturday, June 17, 2017

Route 66

We left New Mexico and drove through Oklahoma and spent one night in Elk City at a little RV camp. I cooked that night but was very tired and went to bed at 6:30 pm.
 Now before we got to Oklahoma we drove through the Texas panhandle and came upon Route 66. I keep a travel journal or I would forget where we were! So here we are in Shamrock, Texas, on the old Route 66, you know, where you get your kicks! :)
We came upon this art decor Conoco gas station that had been restored and was being used as a tourist center. This was a gas station and cafe from the 1930s and probably was a very busy place in its time.
 
There was this darling little cafe - the U Drop Inn. Unfortunately no food to eat in there but candy. Works for me!
I hate to say this but some of the customers looked like dummies! :) But there was a cute waitress with a big smile on her face giving everyone her attention.
 We were given little hats and posed for a picture.
After looking around a bit more in Shamrock we hoped in Kiki and I commenced to make us a sandwich. We must have our nourishment because we are headed to Kansas!

And the journey continues...

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

1 comment:

  1. You were so close to my state! My neighbor drove across route 66 in Arizona, they had a blast.
    guess you're turning back towards home.
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.