Saturday, June 17, 2017

Erie County Ohio

At 3:30 pm, we pulled into the Sandusky/Bayshore RV Camp in Erie County, Ohio.
 I kept singing that song by Neil Young in my head - Four Dead in Ohio. I know, that's terrible!


 We were really blessed on our trip to find such nice clean campgrounds to stay in.
 This park was in town and had trees and was quite nice. This was the first time on our trip to see water and folks in the swimming pool! All the other pools had been drained already. I'm guessing they were getting ready for the winter a bit early. We went to the swimming pool and visited with some nice folks who lived in this park full time. One was a little lady and she said she lived alone and by living in the RV park she always had folks around her and she could stay busy and meet new people. Good for her!
 There were some darling little cottages. Wouldn't it be fun to stay in one?
Here are Itsy and Kiki all buttoned down for the night. You can see we didn't bother to unhook Itsy because we were 'done'. Tired and were going to leave first thing in the morning. We paid $53 with our KOA discount. As you can see the site was very level and there was some nice green grass and a picnic table.
We do eat out a bit while we are out traveling in Kiki but I cook too! On this night I took some leftover scalloped potatoes I had made and added sour cream and cheese and yummy! George grilled me a filet mignon we had bought while in Canada (it was frozen from another trip) and grilled a sockeyed salmon for him. I made a salad and grilled some crusty bread and we had a very nice dinner. As time goes on, I've started cooking double at home and eating one entree and freezing the other to take along on our little trips. Makes it so much easier for us when we're too tired to cook from scratch.

Okie dokie, one more little story. We have found that most campers really do follow the rules and respect the quiet hours after dark but this was not the case on this night! We had some neighbors move in right next to us at 8:00 pm and it took them over two hours to set up. That's not so bad because maybe they were new at camping but they were so so so LOUD!! I mean LOUD! The mom was yelling at her kids right outside our bedroom windows and the kids were screaming and running around. This went on for hours! Needless to say we couldn't sleep and I wanted to go and tell them that it was 'quiet time at the RV campgrounds' and that meant they should be quiet! Well, I didn't because I'm nice but Lord, have mercy!

Almost home...really.

Happy trails,
Shelia :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Shelia! You were just a few miles from my home when you were in Sandusky, Oh.!
    I've really enjoyed your trip, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good restraint! Quiet time indeed!
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.