Saturday, June 17, 2017

Driving Through Northern Kansas

We left Topeka and drove through Northern Kansas. As you can see, George was at the wheel of Kiki. I think in our entire trip I drove for about 40 minutes!
 What a beautiful scenic drive it was! As you can see there was lots of farming, barns and corn fields!
 I just love seeing these barns. Some new but most of them were quite old.
 Did I say there were corn fields? I had never seen so many corn fields in my life. You could even smell the husky smell of the corn stalks.Whew! I was so glad we didn't run into any wicked witches. You have heard of those wicked witches from Kansas haven't you? :0
 Then we arrived in Nebraska our very first time to enter this state.
 We stayed in a nice West Omaha KOA RV park for $41 a night. It was 23 miles from Omaha.
 This is the office and the folks were very nice and helpful. It was a lovely park with trees, cabins and lots of play areas for children. The bath houses were truly immaculate. You know I love that.
We arrived early and stopped in a place for lunch. The specialty in Nebraska were these sandwiches called Runzas. A Runza is a type of pastry filled with ground beef, cabbage and onions. There were other things like mushrooms and such you could add. Now the smell was divine and I thought the Runzas looked really good, especially since I like ground beef, cabbage and onions. But...I didn't like them so very much. It was kinda bland just so you know!! That evening back at the park we ordered a pizza that was made in the RV parks office. It was delicious!

Before we left we found an outlet mall and did a little shopping. I bought a couple of little pie birds from the Le Creuset shop, two tops from Chicos and George brought some shirts at the Brooks Brothers store! A little retail therapy is always a good way to end the day!

Onward...

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.