Saturday, June 17, 2017

Devastation in Louisiana

As we entered Louisiana, we were shocked when we got to a town outside of Baton Rouge! It had been devastated by the floods. In only a couple of days this area was covered with about two feet of water. As you'll see, they were tearing down the wall and throwing out what was ruined.
Most of us do watch the news and hear of these disasters that happen around our country. We're shocked and sad for the folks and then we go on with our lives. We went through Hurricane Ike in 2009 when we lived in Galveston and we witnessed first hand how terrible this can be. So as we drove through our hearts were broken for all of the folks and we said a prayer for them and their recovery. Those of us who aren't affected by these disasters have so much to be thankful for. 

Pray for Louisiana.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! I know what a earthquake can do and I'm praying now for the severe heat we are having in the southwest that all humans and animals have cool shelter and water.
    118 today, Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.