Saturday, June 17, 2017

Covering Ground

We headed out on Saturday, August 27, 2016, around 9:00 am and drove through the state of West Virginia. What a lovely state and I'll kept quiet and show you some road snaps.
We continued on and arrived in Verona, Virginia and found our campsite for the night.
 We followed the signs and ended up in the deep woods. Very pretty drive!
 The Shenandoah Valley RV Park was $50 a night and we stayed in space 90. I failed to get a snap of Kiki set up in her space. I do believe I was a bit tired.
 Here was the office building and where the bath house was located. Being in the woods the bath house was kinda buggy so I took my shower in Kiki. There was a nice pool and the sites were gravel but the park was very well maintained.
 See what a pretty campground? All nestled in the woods. They advertised free cable TV hookup and wifi. Neither worked for us.
 The scenery around and in the camp was so lovely and lots of hiking areas. See the little stream?
 A gorgeous little waterfall! It was rather cool weather here and we slept with our windows open that night. But the most amazing thing about this RV park was...
Bunnies! Yes, bunnies! They were absolutely everywhere. You could buy a handful of bunny food and feed them. I must say they were very comfortable and not afraid of you at all! 
We grilled some filet mignons that we had purchased while in Cananda! I must say that Canadian beef is just fantastic! A short walk and then we hit the sack, I think even before it was dark! :) 

I'd love it if you would continue on with me.

Happy Trails,
Shelia ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm a traveling with ya! One with the bunnies:). Nice fresh cool air while you're sleeping, sounds wonderful.
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.