Saturday, June 17, 2017

Almost Home! Yippee!

This will be the last post from our long, long but wonderful trip. If you'd followed along with me, I hope you've enjoyed it too.
On this day, I made cinnamon rolls, from a can but good, and left the last RV camp around 7:00 am.
 We made it to Pennsylvania, another beautiful state.
 We arrived at a camp but I guess I was tired as I have no idea where in Pennsylvania it was or what it was called. Just in case you think I have an amazing memory, I will now burst that bubble. I keep a journal for our travels or I really would forget what we did from day to day. I've done that for years, even before we started RVing. Anyway, it is what it is. Is your tiny mouth watering by looking at that fruit cake? Well, we bought it in Waco at the Collin Street Bakery and just couldn't wait any longer to chomp down on it. So I opened up the tin and we went to town!
Somewhere we stayed the night in Pennsylvania! :)
 Okay! Okay!! Can you see this snap? Huh?
 Now can you see it? Yes! We are in New York and that is 'the city' in the distance.
We outdid ourselves on this day as we drove 518 miles! I only drove about 50 of those miles. George just likes to drive so I let him. :) One of the main reasons we drove for so long to get home was...
 To celebrate our little grandson's third birthday the next day.
Needless to say, we made it home safe and sound and slept in our own bed. My thanks to God for watching over us and keeping us safe on this long journey. We got to sing Happy Birthday to our little Campie in person! Gotta love it.

For all of you who stayed with me - thank you. 

Happy trails, 
Shelia :)

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had great road trip. Happy Birthday to little Campie. Your photo's are really good and PA is very pretty.

    It's always good when we get back home from a trip, isn't it.

    Have a wonderful week.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your trip report. Oh how I'd love to be able to hit the road and travel like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read everyone of your trip posts. What a grand trip you have taken. I am so glad you shared all the pictures and stories. I loved reading about your adventure. So grateful you traveled all those miles in safety. You and George are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing trip!! I enjoyed every minute!! Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us. So surprised you were away from the little ones for so long.... It is always good to get home safely and finally sleep in your own bed!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just spent an enjoyable evening catching up on your wonderful trip in Kiki. You have certainly had a memorable time with lots of reminiscing. Long may it last :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading about your trip, Sheila. I think I'll have to go back and read about your other travels as well, since it's so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed that so much. I have been to some of the places you visited and stayed in the same RV park by Topeka. It was fun following you across the US. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shelia, what a wonderful trip you had. I so enjoyed all your great photos. Thank you for sharing your travel adventures with us. So love hearing about all the amazing places. Happy Birthday to your adorable grandson. He is such a cutie. Have a great week sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm most certainly happy I wasn't the only one reading your delightful trip this evening, better than a book or tv. Thank you again for sharing you life stories.
    Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your trip. I enjoyed seeing they highways and by-ways and all the stops in between. I know I'll never be able to take a trip like you did..........yours was very enjoyable to me. So glad you had a safe trip there and back. Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful photos!
    But don't you think you need a new template for your blog?
    There is a new amazing tool called Blogger Templates Builder. It allows you to make/build your own Blogger template by selecting from different styles and components for the header, slider, posts, sidebar, and footer.

    If you are not interested in buying a new template then you might want to make some money by referring people to buy Blogger templates. So, if someone needs a new template for their blog, you will earn 40% on each sale they make.

    Here is the link: http://www.templates-builder.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.