Friday, September 23, 2016

Going Home

Woo Hoo! We made it back to New York! As you can see I was snapping right through the windshield. I'm guilty of doing this a lot even with the bug splatters! ;)
I don't know how to pronounce where we were but it was on an Indian Reservation and was a cute little town. The greatest part of this stop was filling Kiki up with diesel at a very affordable price! That's always a good feeling. Just thought I'd throw that in.
Driving through the Adirondacks we decided to go through Lake Placid as we'd never been there before.
 Just a darling place and it was hopping with tourists!
 Now just gaze on the beauty of this area!
What do you think? We want to come back some time and actually camp.
 The drive on home was absolutely gorgeous! The town where we live is nestled in the Hudson Valley. We live between the Adirondacks and the Catskill mountains and the Hudson River, needless to say - it's beautiful around here.
 Of course I needed to get a picture of George and then he wants to turn around and snap one of me...
 so here I am!
Hope you've enjoyed our little three day trip to Ottawa. Gotta get home now and wash all of the dirty clothes! ;) My job is never done.

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful trees and mountains. I am sure when the leaves turn it will be stunning.
    Thanks for taking us on this tour.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see so much of your travels and that you get out and about and explore your country! Coming home is always good too isn't it, but the laundry is never fun is it! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.