Friday, July 15, 2016

Niagara Falls Revisited

Last year just seemed to pass me by and for some reason I didn't post about our trip in Kiki to Niagara Falls. Not to worry because we came back this year and now I will show it to you! ;) George and I left Friday, July 8, 2016 and headed up to Canada again. Our plan had been to hop into Kiki and take a long trip in May but since I broke my knee cap we just couldn't go then.
Now my hubby plans the trips and I just go along wherever he wants to go. I'm not too particular as I can enjoy myself almost anywhere. Our final destination was to visit the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. Now it may sound silly to you for us to travel to Canada and then back to the U.S. but it was a closer route for us where we live now in upstate New York. One thing that stinks - we had to pay a toll of $46! Yep, Kiki has two axles and then towing Itsy, we pay out the nose! Oh, well.
 We have arrived!
 We decided to stay in the exact RV park as we did last year. It is really a very nice park with a lot of facilities. Last year we paid $63 a night and this year it was $65 a night. The weather was very nice and rather cool so at night we were able to open Kiki's windows. I love when we can do that.
 We're all set up and I'm toasting you with my water bottle! We arrived in the late afternoon and stayed another day to rest up. The last night we did have some very noisy neighbors! That doesn't happen very often but they kept us up until the wee hours of the morning talking! They were speaking French and we couldn't even understand them! :)



I thought I would drive you around the town of Niagara Falls. It was very busy with lots of folks enjoying the summertime.
 Some of my snaps were taken through the glass of the car. Oopsie!


Oh, I guess if you're feeling low you can visit this smoke shop and get high! :) All righty then! :)

Happy trails,
Shelia :)

6 comments:

  1. Great posts Shelia. I've been there but so many years ago - like 40. With my job where ever it took me to I would also stay a extra day or two and see everything worth seeing. because you may never get back there again. I am so glad that I did.

    Have fun on your trip.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan? Oh my, I was there several times when I was a kid and now I'd love to go back and see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only saw Niagara Falls once many years ago from the USA side. It is stunning. I love all the trips you and George take in Kiki!!! Makes me want to go to Canada!!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelia,
    Glad you're up to traveling, once again,d ear friend!
    Thanks for sharing lovely photos with us!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shelia, thanks for sharing this wonderful tour. Your pictures are very well taken, very impressive. Beautiful place to visit.

    Best regards,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.