Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Crossing The Border

I'm back with the next leg on our way to Canada and to see Niagara Falls.
Do you see that bridge up ahead? It took my breath away and I was a little skeert! It looked like it dropped off to nowhere! But all was good.

 Okie dokie, here we go about to cross over into Canada. Get ready too as I have gazillions of snaps to show you.
Don't you just love lines? :)
Now this was really something here. This was around the last week of June and there were two escaped convicts on the loose from a prison in Dannemora, New York.  There were law enforcement folks out checking all of the cars and when we pulled up in Kiki one knocked on our window and asked to come inside! Excitement! I hopped back and opened the door for him and he asked us some questions if we had anyone else on board or had we seen any one questionable? Of course we told him 'no'. He was very nice and toured Kiki! I so wanted to snap his picture but thought it probably wasn't the right thing to do. He waved us on.
This is where we spent our first night in Canada. Now I could really kick myself as I can't remember nuttin' about this place, the name of it or exactly what town we were in! If you travel much, take my advice, keep a journal because you will forget things. As I told you in my last post, I keep a journal but I left it locked up in Kiki and she is stored away in her winter home. So I'm winging it and will have to come back and update these posts when I get my journal.



 As you can see, it was a beautiful place though, although I can't tell you much about it.
 There were these wonderful yellow fields all around us and I found out they were mustard fields. I'd never seen anything like them before.
 Now this was our next RV park to stay in. Again, you'll just kinda have to look as all of the details are written down in my little journal that is not with me! ;)


 Lovely landscaping and this place had ice cream, y'all! I do remember that! :)
 I wish I could have sneaked this in Kiki and took it home. So cute.


As you can see this was our space # 176 and after we got settled in the next day we noticed we had a little Canadian flag poked in at our spot. So there you go - it was July 1st!
 There was a family group staying right across the street from us and many of them stayed in tents. At dusk, the fire pits got fired up, the guitars came out and there was group singing! We enjoyed it so much. They were always cooking outside and had more than one picnic table set up with food for them all. We almost walked over a couple times and asked if we could join them, but we have manners and didn't! :) You know, I'll bet they would have welcomed us. That is one thing we encountered by staying in these parks - everyone is just so friendly!
 Mr Precious is always up for a snap. Now before I end this post I wanted to share with you a fun event we went to.
While driving through the town or city of Niagara Falls we found this dinner show called "Oh Canada Eh?"
They served a wonderful family style dinner and we sat at a big table with lots of folks from all over. And guess what? I started talking to a little lady sitting next to me with her daughter and she was from Troy, New York which is just a few miles from us! Small world, huh? or should I say "eh?"
I got the above snaps from the website of the performers. The show was so cute. These guys, were silly, heartwarming and sang lots of songs, interacted with the audience and were also the ones who served our food! They really worked hard for the money! Any one 'member Donna Summers? :) If you ever get a chance to see this - go! They made me want to be Canadian for the night! ;)

There are more posts from our trip and I'll get them up soon!

Happy trails,
Shelia :)

6 comments:

  1. I love Canada and would love to go back soon! What a fun trip you had!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks like so much fun. I want to drive over to Canada when we go see Niagara Falls, but my husband doesn't have a passport. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't been to Niagara Falls since the 90's! I'm always amazed when I see them. We haven't gone there through Canada but once. We had our motor home and they checked it over real good to make sure we werent' transporting anyone or anything we shouldn't! It's always an uncomfortable moment but with nothing to hide everything moves along nicely. Looks like you found a nice campground. The restaurant visit sounded like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photo's. Looks like you and your honey had a very nice time touring Canada.
    Thanks so much for sharing your photo's. Have a great rest of the week.

    Hope you and little Carter are doing great.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to come along on your travels with you in this way! You will have some lovely more ones this year to look forward to I am sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelia, I love taking these little adventures with you in Kiki. Love this trip too and even though it was a bit scary on the roadway, you visited some beautiful spots and share amazing photos.
    Hope you are feeling better and healing great. Prayers continue for you and sweet Carter. Have a nice evening. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.