Saturday, February 20, 2016

Clayton,Ohio

Well, I have just ignored my travel blog for some time. The summer, fall and winter passed then I fell and broke my kneecap and I was looking through some of my files and realized ~ I have trips I haven't posted. So I'll try to catch up. We had never been to Niagara Falls and decided last June we would travel to see them. One sweet little spot on the way was Clayton, New York.
What a beautiful drive this was and I so love seeing the old farms.
Covered bridges! These are so exciting for me because we didn't have these in Texas. You can see George sitting there and of course I snapped him!
The barns! Folks, some of these are just huge!
I got such a kick out of these signs!  There seemed to be a lot of Amish around here and therefore these signs were for folks to watch out for the horses and wagons.
See? I was very discreet and didn't let them see me snapping their picture. I was in the car as we drove by.
Now I have to tell you, I keep a journal of our travels, where we are, the campgrounds we stay in, how much the space cost per night. But guess what? I left my journal in the glove compartment of Kiki and Kiki is packed off in her winter home facility at the moment so I'll just have to wing stuff! George was so glad to find a place this year that was enclosed where we could park Kiki for the winter. Last winter she sat out and even with a cover on her we were worried about critters climbing in and making themselves at home and hoping all of the snow wouldn't hurt her. She's so delicate ya know!


Well, you can see where we stayed and this was a lovely park. There's Kiki and little Itsy in our space.
Right down the center of the park were these beautiful waters! I can't tell you what it's called because my journal is in Kiki! Trust me though, it was lovely and I remember the weather was perfect
We're amazed that some folks are set up and live in these campgrounds year round! Isn't this so cute? The 'full timers' have an addition added on to their campers. This would be fun to do for a summer or fall but I can't imagine living so small all of the time.
We had dinner here at the Clipper Inn and it was fabulous and the folks were so very nice. We seem to get a lot of attention when we open our mouths to speak! :) It's getting a little bit embarrassing! :)
Poodling around Clayton and what a sweet little town! Lots of shops and eateries.





These Amish folks set up a table at a gas station to sell their home cooked goods. Well, we had to check it out and bought some banana bread and jam!
Just some sights around town. We toured the history museum but I can't tell you the name because my journal is in Kiki! The town was right on the water and there are some pretty snaps for you.


 
Lastly we spied this cute little garden shop and had to go into it and explore. 

Do you see the little red cardinal bird feeder on the left with the circle around it? Well, that puppy came home with us and it's sitting in the front yard on a shepherd's poll covered in snow at the moment.

Well, I'll continue to get our travels up to date! Til then...

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love your journal idea and will have to remember that for when we get our RV, hopefully in 2 years.

    I was just telling my husband that I want to go to Niagara Falls, so I can't wait to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post Shelia, it is fun. I think a journal is a good idea as well and you 'did good' just winging it, you can carry on :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful area and your pictures are so good. The Amish do make wonderful jams and breads.
    Thanks so much for sharing Shelia.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelia, love seeing your trip in Kiki. You visited an interesting place in Ohio. When we lived in Indiana and Ohio there were many Amish and we loved to visit the shops filled with quality creations hand made by the Amish.
    Love the cardinal birdfeeder you brought home. Thanks for sharing your travels.
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.