Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Start of Another Trip - House Peeping

We stocked and packed up our things, hopped in Kiki and headed out again on June 16. This would be our longest trip to date. All total, we drove around 4,000 miles! Can you believe it? When we got home I was exhausted! But what a great time we had. Follow along with me if you'd like.

First off we drove through Waco, Texas, to visit with our son and daughter in law a while. We lived in Waco for 10 years from 1986 - 1996 and just had to drive by our 'old house'.  Do y'all ever do that?
Here's the house where we lived and I was glad to see it looked good. It's been almost 20 years, y'all! This neighborhood was called Woodway.
It's a lovely neighborhood with little hills and lots of trees. Those long skinny windows on the side of the house are in the master bedroom and where the double windows are upstairs was my daughter's bedroom and the window by the chimney was the living room. The living room had more windows across the back that looked out over the back yard with lots of trees.
 Where that SUV is parked, is where my children took turns parking their cars.
Well, that's that! On the road again...

 The skies where so pretty with the puffy clouds and I couldn't resist a snap.
We drove through Waxahachie, Texas, looking for an RV campground. We never found one but I was loving the pretty little houses and decided I'd do some 'drive by snapping'. So sit back and relax as we see as we go House Peeping!
I know this wasn't a very RVie post but I just love seeing pretty old houses and I think most of you do too. 
Come on back and we'll continue our trip. 

Happy trails,
Shelia :)

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your former home. We often "spy" on our former homes too!
    These homes you snapped are so pretty. Very charming.
    Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course this is 'RV'! You were in your RV, weren't you? Anything you snap from Kiki counts as RV, dear friend. I loved see the home where you used to live. And the house peeping was such fun. I thought maybe we were going to see peeps of your new house in New York! Waiting to see more about your travels.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that before, drive by a former home. It's kinda fun most of the time. Love the house peeping. I adore driving through towns with gorgeous homes.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post, Suck beautiful himes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it might not have the most rveeie post, but the houses are beautiful! I go past old houses occasionally, and you are right, it is nice to see them again, but only if they are well cared for, otherwise it is a little sad I think! Still you have great memories and that is the most important part isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was a perfect RV post Shelia, just of a different kind. I'm so pleased you did, because I'm so interested in American domestic architecture (it is VERY different from Oz-style homes) and I thoroughly enjoyed your house peeping tour - do it again when you're out and about in Kiki (you could name it RV House Peeping No 2 etc etc) Enjoy your week dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this post. It's fun to see nice homes and landscaping. I drive by my old home and it still looks good, that makes me happy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.