Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Stop At Buc-ee's


We were going to take Kiki on a trip to Branson, Missouri and our first stop was at the new Buc-ee's in Texas City to gas up! If you're familiar with Buc-ee's you'll know how much more less expensive the price of gas is here. They do not have a big marquee with their gas prices on it on purpose so you'll stop by to check. If you drive up for gas you just have to go inside! They have our number, y'all! 

 Now Kiki uses diesel and just look below at much it was a gallon!
 Kiki was sucking up that diesel just like I suck up my diet Cherry Dr. Pepper! I'm tellin' ya!
 Of course we always have to go inside of Buc-ee's. Let me show you around.

They have everything your little traveling heart could desire and always a free sample of goodness for you. This day it was a lemon poundcake bite!
 Aren't these the cutest little bar-b-que pits?
This just happens to be my favorite stop in Buc-ee's - the fudge counter. They make so many flavors and you can get a free sample. Let me tell you - this fudge is the best you'll ever put into your mouth! It is creamy and rich and soft and just melts in your mouth and then you want some more!
Oh, I love these too and always have to pick up a little bag - Beaver Nuggets! These are so good and are little sweet corn puffs! Have you figured out I love sweets? :)
 Souvenirs, things for your home - just everything!
We were just about to walk out the door and we spied this - little bar-b-que grills! We had a little dinky one for Kiki but the wind could blow it away in a second. This one was sturdy and just the right size so we bought it and it fit perfectly in Kiki. My mouth was watering just thinking about what George would grill for us on this new grill!

Well, we're gassed up, got our goodies so it's time to hop into Kiki, fasten our seat belts and head out!

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh- You lucky girl- You are road-tripping! I am so jealous and looking forward to more travel time in a year or so. That little grill is fabulous. We had one on our boat that hooked over the edge of the rail and it was so much fun to use. It was like "playing house" to me. We lived aboard for 3 summers and loved every moment of it.

    I have never heard of those gas stations but will sure look for them when we travel now. My favorite "greasy spoon" treat is a pecan waffle and grits and Waffle House. MyHero GRITS his teeth every time I make him stop at one. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great store and gas station. They have everything that you would need while traveling - it's great.
    Have fun - our gas in CA is $3.96 a gallon for regular.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to stop! Love that little BBQ grill. Can't wait to see what delightful things you have from its grill.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are having some fun!!! What an interesting place to shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my first visit to a Buc-ees a few months ago...what an amazing place! BUSY place! Love your new grill.

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buc-ee's looks like a cute place to stop and shop! Regular gas in Chicago is $ 4.29 for regular. I want to choke. They make me sick with their prices.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.