Monday, March 17, 2014

Day Tripper

I wanted to share another little day trip with you.
Seems like that's all the time we've had lately ~ just taking little day trips.
It's a little bit cold anyway.
 So come on along with us as we go for a ride in Kiki.
 When we left the house it was just a beautiful bright shiny day!
 Oh, some of you had asked to see the insides of Kiki so if you'd like to see more of her, just click HERE.
Some folks wouldn't like Kiki, she is very compact, but for us she is just right! We really can take her anywhere, turn sharp corners, park in any parking lot...she's just perfect for us!
 So we headed up I 45 to The Woodlands. We drove around looking at gorgeous homes then...
 on over to Old Town Spring. I darling little stop filled with shops and charm.
 Kiki was so glad to be out driving around and hubby was proud to pose with her.
 One more peep at Kiki as we walk on down the street. Hmm...funnel cakes, I haven't had one in a very long time.
 Getting hungry and it was time for lunch and this looked like a cute little place so we decided to go in and try it out.
 A nice treat was waiting for me on the wall ~ dishes! 
Just to satisfy our dish needs!
The food was good and of course I forgot to snap a picture of it because we crammed it in.
Hubby had a crabmeat salad and I had a ham and cheese sandwich with fruit.
Very good.

 Old Town Spring is a darling little place with lots of little houses that were brought in that became shops. There's much to see and of course plenty to eat. Where's my funnel cake?

 Fun little shops and guess what? I didn't spend a dime! Something must be wrong with me.
 After walking off our lunch, we hopped back into Kiki and headed on down south to the island. We always have to drive back through Houston to get back home. I think Houston has a very pretty skyline of the downtown buildings.
 George would never put Kiki back into her house without being clean as a whistle!
So she got a bath.
He just loves Kiki, can't you tell.

Maybe soon we'll have the time to take a 'real' trip.

Happy trails,
Shelia ;)

9 comments:

  1. What fun that you get to take your "girl" out for a little fresh air and a tour. MyHero just loves the size of those, too. They really are very drivable. Glad you had a fun day, Sheila....and...guess what? I have been going places without buying things lately, too! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take us along on the best jaunts in your Kiki! The last town was fun, too! Hubby and I love exploring like this, too. We'd make a fun foursome!

    I didn't realize Galveston and Houston were near each other...my geography is terrible and Texas is so huge!

    Every hubby needs a toy, my guy has his pick up truck vying for his attention!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun trip! Only once, when I was 12, I was invited by my best friend's family to join them camping. It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiki is so cute - I would like one that size - I could drive that - I would be on the road all the time. Just jump in and away you go.
    Nice little trip - that town looks so fun with all the shops. I've been good also - not spend a dime.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Kiki! I think it is a wonderful way to travel. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all these places you and Mr Precious take us in little kiki Shelia! From the other side of the world I get to see areas I never would otherwise!
    Funnel cake? funnel cake? do tell, the mind boggles. :)
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day trip! Cute little shops and I love to look but most times don't buy at places like that either. Just have fun!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip! I love funnel cakes but rarely eat them. That last photo of your husband is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun times Shelia! I mis our motorhome. We need a compact one like yours- better fuel economy etc. That town looked really cute. That was quite a display of dishes! Dan was always fussing with keeping our motorhome clean too. Bugs on the windshield and heaven forbit those black streaks!! Ours was a 37' so she was a bit of work to clean. It was fun when we had it though! Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.