Monday, January 20, 2014

A Little Drive in Kiki

 Mr. Precious and I had plans to do a few things today and realized if was MLK day and places were closed that we needed to do business with so we thought, "What could we do today? We'll go get Kiki and take a little ride."
And that's just what we did.

 Here she is and she's just so pretty, isn't she?

 Well, we can't keep her at home because we don't have anywhere to park her.
So this is her home in this great storage facility.

 Her door is open and she's ready to come out into the sunshine.
We love our Mers (Mercedes). I drove an 1985 dark blue Mer for so many years that parts started flying off when I drove. A windshield wiper flew off one time and then a lady pulled up beside me on the highway and rolled her window down, it scared me a bit, but I rolled down the passenger side window and she screamed out, "Your headlight just flew off!" Oh, my Lord! Well, I loved that Mer and it had over 400,000 miles on it. It was a diesel and just kept on going and going and going...
well, I degress.
 Mr. Precious pulls out Kiki and I drive the other Mer into Kiki's house. We pull down the door, lock it and I hop into Kiki and off we go!
 We didn't go too far but made it to Kemah, Texas. You may have heard about the Kemah Boardwalk. It's a wonderful place and was built by the same bunch who built the Pleasure Pier in Galveston.
 The Kemah Boardwalk has a wonderful wooden roller coaster but you're not gettin' me on that killer!
 Rides and fun.
 It was getting time for din din so we headed to our favorite eatery in Kemah ~ T-Bone Tom's.
 We entered the back door. This place is a fun and bopping place in the summer with live bands.
We parked in the back parking lot so Kiki could breath and not stick out too much. 
She is cute, isn't she? :)
 T-Bone Tom's is such a cute down home place with all kinds of home cooked foods.
 The backs of all the chairs are advertisements for business around town.
Pretty cool, huh?
 Cute little painting on the wall. T-Bone Tom's used to be a meat market and turned into a restaurant.
 Mr. Precious was ready and waiting for his barbequed ribs. He says the ribs are the best he's ever had ~ so tender and tasty.

 Here I am talking my tiny face off with my stringy hair!

I almost forgot to take a picture of my catfish! It was so good I just dived right into it. Yumminess with coleslaw, hushpuppies and they even threw in some Texas Toast. The catfish is just so delicious.
If you're ever in little Kemah, Texas, pop into T-Bone Tom's. It's right on Texas 146.

 After a big ole glass of iced tea I needed to make a little stop into the lady's room. 
Why? Well, to take a Bathroom snap of course! :) Notice the stringy hair.
 We popped back into Kiki, cranked up the Serius radio and headed on back to the island.
 Uh oh!
Birds! Zillions of birds had taken up sitting on the wires right over the traffic lights! 
Where's that ole Alfred Hitchcock?

Keep on traveling,
Shelia ;)

40 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great armchair tour...what else could you do on a public holiday but go for a drive.
    And yes the birds are definitely shades of Alfred Hitchcock.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia, this looks like a fun outing. My husband has been looking at these. What are they like to drive? Do you drive it as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day. No thanks to the roller coaster but now your catfish looked delish! You look radiant, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're enjoying little Kiki! You know what? You'd never get me on that roller coaster either! But, it wouldn't take any convincing to get me to go to that Restaurant! Everything looks mighty delicious there. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun day Shelia. Love your Kiki, it looks like so much fun. Can you sleep in there and does have a little kitchen/bathroom? Food looks so good yum yum.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun you and that little Kiki and Mr Precious have together. What a cute threesome you make! I hope that you enjoy putting many, many miles on her!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I know you and your husband must love KIKI"" It is funny my husband and I had dinner at T-BONE TOM'S yesterday at 4:30 pm we also love the food. Hoping you and yours have a wonderful week. we may have ice on Wednesday hope not.. You keep warm ok.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiki is adorable...so much fun for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun! I think it's great for you to take day trips like that. The food and restaurant look great. I like how you're storing her. We had to pay to store ours in a big building during the winter months but it was a 40 min. drive away. Fuel was around 1.00 to 1.27 back then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, she is a beauty! It must be so fun to just hop in and go!
    Looks like you guys have a super fun day. Yummy food, too!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would drive around the world for some good catfish! What a great day you had. And by the way, your hair looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two blogs? How fun! Kemah is a fun spot. We haven't been there in over 10 years. Loved all the little shops and looking at the sailboats. Hope you have lots of fun with you Kiki and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading about Kiki! Weather looks so glorious there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, what fun it is to travel around in Kiki and Mr. Precious! We enjoy a drive down to Kemah when we are in Houston! Your catfish looked delicious and have to say, your hair looked great! Your new blog is just so entertaining, love it!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't do roller coasters anymore. Looks like a great day for an outing. Is Kiki an RV? Looks like a great size. Do you have pictures of the inside (maybe I should look at older posts). And I like your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hy Shelia! I didn't know that you have another blog. Nice to read about your trip. Hugs, Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time, and I don't think your hair looks the least bit stringy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb!
      Be a sweetie,
      Shelia ;)

      Delete
  18. Oh what fun! I want to retire now!!!! I am now following KiKi and the adventures. xo, Ron at Uptown Acorn

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are guys are having too much fun! LOL I am so glad you get to have these outings and enjoy KiKi. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like fun -- and what a great destination! Those ribs look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was just wondering the other day if y'all have been out in Kiki recently, thanks for the notice on Note Songs sending us over here - Kiki is a beauty and so are you, no stringy hair, you look beautiful as always! That place looks like fun but I think I like the restaurant better :) (always ready to eat!) Glad y'all had a nice day and nice weather, yesterday here it was 60 and today we're expecting 2-8 inches of snow - haven't been out yet but I can hear the HVAC cranking non-stop as I type this and can picture dollar bills flying out my windows :) I might have to move to Texas just to stay warm! Thanks for sharing your nice trip with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you are having a ball my friend! Enjoy life....Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your hair is not a bit stringy Sheila, you look lovely!
    And oh what the life with your Kiki! I would love to visit there.
    Great tour!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great fun for an impromptu trip - and you look beautiful darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your hair does NOT look stringy! You look very cute, in fact, and this looks like a really fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. First I have to tell you how pretty you look Shelia in that picture and I like the way your hair looks! I bet you guys have a lot of fun with Kiki...love the background you have on here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun thing to have...I would never be bored if we had a little (huge!) Kiki to drive around!! And you have the best sights down there in Galveston! The restaurant looks fun and I love your pictures. You have discovered the Fountain Of Youth!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so cute. I really like your hair and don't think it looks stringy at all. It's so nice that you could hop in Kiki and take a little drive. I didn't know there are palm trees there in Texas. I guess you are on the gulf shore though and it's warmer there. Take care! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! that looked like so much fun! I'm enjoying your new blog! Thanks for sharing. And your hair did not look stringy at all. You are such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kiki is such a cute ride!! So glad you and Mr Precious are getting outings in her again. You both look so happy and your hair is cute, not stringy at all! Big Hugs!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so cute! And this looks like so much fun. My husband and I talk all the time about how we want an RV someday to travel around in. We've rented them before for road trips and they were the best vacations we've ever taken. It would be amazing to have one of our own so we could use it when ever we wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Shelia, -groan- I just wrote a rather long comment and My internet connection kicked me off and I lost it all!!! s.c.r.e.a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your Kiki is beautiful, you and your Mr Precious must have so much fun in it. Seeing your photos was lots of fun, I will have to visit here again!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Me gusta mucho Sheila, además de que ustedes saben divertirse, linda pareja. Bendiciones

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shelia, you have me in stitches! Mercy, the memories you stirred up. We lived in S.E. Houston and used to go to Kemah, back when there were only about 2 restaurants and some places that sold fresh seafood. I think the place we liked best was Walker's .., but Shelia, the place looks down right classy now judging by your pix. We might be related....there's no way I would get on that roller coaster if wooden or medal! Fun times ahead for you and Mr. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just love you Sheila !!!!
    Here is an RV story..... when I was growing up we NEVER went on vacation or trips... after my father retired he bought an RV and for 10 years my parents RV all over North America... they went to Alaska, Canada, all over the USA.... then he was RV'd out and sold the RV.... Dad died 3 years ago at age 85... but he had a great retirement and a peaceful death....but, I know he made his peace with the Lord finally because he was a very prideful man!
    Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is one seriously gorgeous RV! I forget if you ever posted pictures of the inside, I do remember when you got it. Now, your hair is BEAUTIFUL and NOT stringy! It looks like you both enjoyed your dinners, it made me hungry looking at the pics. I have got to learn how to take better bathroom snaps:):)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I wandered over here, and I am so glad I did! Fun! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.