Saturday, December 21, 2013

North Padre Island

In mid November, George and I hopped into Kiki and headed to Corpus Christi, Texas, and wound up in Padre Island.
We had made no plans and just came upon this county park located on the north end of Padre Island.
 The campsite was very basic and was really like a huge parking lot. We had water and electric hookups, a dump station and there was a pretty large bath/restroom but I felt creepy when I went in there. There were not many campers around at the time we camped.
 I borrowed this photo and I'm so sorry I failed to get the source. It wast just like this and pretty empty.
But...
 Just a few feet over the sand dunes was the Bob Hall Pier and the beach.
 The water was just gorgeous. This snap is straight out of my camera and was taken around 4:30ish in the afternoon.
 The beach was pretty empty too. The wind was really blowing and being mid November may have had something to do with it.
 George went for a barefoot run on the beach.
 Chloe Dawn and I took a little walk!
It began to softly rain on us through the night and was quite cold the next morning. 
This campground was really not my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to come back.
We'll find a better campground next time.

Keep traveling,
Shelia ;)

3 comments:

  1. The campground area does look pretty quiet, but I bet it's hoppin' in the summer months! At least it had the hookups for you! Sure looks like Chloe Dawn had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too empty for sure. I do love Padre Island although I haven't been there in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd love to be there. I vacationed there many years ago and I'd love to go back. xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.