Saturday, August 10, 2013

Heading to Louisiana


Hi, y'all!
Mr. Precious and I decided to hop in Kiki and head out toward Louisiana!

 Lots of pretty trees and wooded areas to look at on our way.

 Almost there. Oh look up at the sky!
I fiddled with this snap a bit! ;)
It was time for lunch so we decided to take a little break and I made us a ham and cheese sandwich. 
So convenient and I just love this!

Then I did some searching on the IPad and found this place with great reviews.

Tall Pines RV Park in Shreveport, Louisiana.
This was a lovely park and the folks were so nice and helpful and even told us a great place to go 
and have delicious catfish - Sam's Southern Eatery.
Some of the best catfish I've ever had. I ordered the child's plate and couldn't eat it all!
 Okay, it was time to go find our RV space.

 The park was very well maintained.

Here we are. Each site had a sweet little table and chairs and we ate our breakfast out there.
Actually the weather was quite a bit cooler than Galveston and I loved that.
So while Mr. Precious gets Kiki all set up I'll take you on a little tour.

 Here are our little tour guides ~ the resident kitties.
Aren't they the cutest little things.
 Yikes! You don't have to tell me twice to keep away from Louisiana alligators.

A large and very clean swimming pool.
 Hmm...call in the paranormal folks.
 Cute little cabins.
 This was just the cutest little doggy pooping park but we left Chloe Dawn at her kennels. 
I'm sure she would have enjoyed it and left her mark. 
Don't you love the firefighters theme?
 
 We only stayed one night at Tall Pines but it was very nice, clean 
and just had an overall great feel to the entire place and we would come back. 
 Well, after we stake out all of the other RV parks we can find
I'm happy to report we had no RV disasters either.
 I just had to snap for you in the cute and very clean bathroom. 
They even had a full length mirror for me!

 
 Until next time!

Shelia :)



12 comments:

  1. This fine Saturday morning, I have caught up with your RV adventures, and it does look like fun. I had to laugh -- that would be me, messing up the hoses, etc. I don't think I would like that very dark remote park, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think it would be fine to travel like this. I'm not much of a traveler because I don't like to leave my dogs. But this looks like fun!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never know where we will find you two now that you have Kiki! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new home-away-from home! It was fun going along with you. Have fun - be safe!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you are enjoying Kiki! That is a very nice RV Park! Oh I stay away from those gator's also!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys are having so much fun! I would love cooler weather and breakfast outdoors. Love that you got a bathroom diva shot, too! Happy travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. I forgot to say how sweet those kitties are. Good thing I am not there....they would be #7 and 8 for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great little RV park. I'm glad you're making the most of the summer, and yes now you can escape the worst of the weather if you want to and head to places cooler (or warmer) whenever you want to.
    Keep enjoying.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the cleanest rv park I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelia,
    Great experience in Lousiana RV Park!
    Loved the table and chairs for your breakfast area!!!
    The kittens were adorable!!!
    Thanks for taking us along, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shelia, thanks for the tour. Love your adventure with beautiful scenery and look like so much fun. Lovely kittens and the alligator with the broken hand...LOL
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.

    Best regards. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a delightful park, but stay away from those alligators! Hope you got to take a swim, if it was warm enough.

    Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you stopped by and would love for you to comment so I'll know you've been to see me. I'll do my very best to respond to your comments too.